Sunday, April 6, 2008

The New Me

I've taken a big step, and gone to new Blogger. The reasons I was so reluctant to switch are very revealing:


  • I was so comfortable where I was.

  • I'm afraid of change.

  • My blog would have to look different than it always has.

  • My friends might not be able to find me.

  • It took a lot of time and effort to do it the old way--people who do it the new way have things much too easy.

I'm worried that I will not be able to add my old posts to this new blog. But I've been brave and here I am! Please change your links and enjoy the new me!

4 comments:

Bored in Vernal said...

Just checking my comment feed...

Anonymous said...

So what made you switch over? I switched from blogger to wordpress back in the day.. it was a bit scary (but I don't have nearly the reader-ship that you have). In the end I liked the change.

Good luck with everything!

Bored in Vernal said...

Peri, I resisted switching for a long time, and I really did enjoy messing with my html on the old blogger, but it is just soooooo much easier and more timesaving on the new blogger. I couldn't figure out how to add recent comments to my sidebar, for example, on the old version. I came over here to play around and see if I really wanted to make the change. Once I got it looking pretty much like my old blog, but with the features I wanted, I made the switch. Thanks for visiting me!

Jo said...

Yay for you! Welcome to Blogger. Not Zion by any stretch, but still a pretty nice place! I know how ya feel, I wanted to change my template, but when I went to do it, it wouldn't let me take my widgets and I just wasn't going to do all the work.
P.S. You can mess with the html on blogger too!