Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Computer at Last!

I finally got a laptop for a fairly decent price! I am thrilled to death. But the only problem is, we are unable to get internet access just yet. Here in Riyadh, one must wait for a residence permit (iqama) in order to do just about anything. If you don't have your iqama, you cannot open a bank account, get a telephone, internet access, or even get paid by your employer! I'm about to die waiting.

I don't even have a computer at work yet, so I'm having to snitch little periods of time here and there on other people's. I have many things I want to tell all of my loyal readers, but I'll just have to wait a bit longer.

If you want to know all the boring details of my personal life, I'm trying to put them up a little at a time in diary form on my other site, Behind the Infamous Veil. But keep checking here as I'm hoping to give you some nice interesting posts about the fascinating culture I'm encountering here.

No comments: