Monday, May 19, 2014

The Fun Part


And now, it's time for the fun part of my eating experience! With the $20 I saved by eating for $1.50 per day this past week, I am able to buy a flock of chicks for a family through Heifer, International.


Flock of Chicks Changes Lives


Your gift of a flock of chickens gift donation helps provide a family in need with a starter flock of 10 to 50 chicks, along with the training that will empower them to turn your donation into a lifetime of opportunity. Each flock of chicks:
  • Provides eggs and protein for nourishment
  • Boosts income through sales of extra eggs and offspring
  • Ensures security for generations through Passing on the Gift
 Chickens require little space and can thrive on readily available scraps; this allows families to make money from the birds without spending much. And since a good hen can lay up to 200 eggs a year, your flock of chickens gift provides a steady source of nutrition and income.


Wouldn't you love to be able to do this for someone? I learned so much by spending just one week eating on $1.50 per day. I'm sharing my experience because I would love to see others help with world hunger in this way!

No comments: